A Global Standard For Sustainable Palm Oil
RSPO.org states that "there is in an ever-urgent need and growing global concern that commodities are produced without causing harm to the environment or society. RSPO (The Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil) certification is an assurance to the customer that the standard of palm oil production is sustainable."
Did you know that the most widely used vegetable oil is palm oil? Now, imagine switching to other oils like sunflower, rapeseed and soy to meet global demands. Such oils require 10 times the amount of land and are more expensive to produce! You can help encourage sustainability by choosing products made with RSPO certified ingredients.
Vision & Missions
RSPO will transform markets to make sustainable palm oil the norm.
- Advance the production, procurement, finance and use of sustainable palm oil products
- Develop, implement, verify, assure and periodically review credible global standards for the entire supply chain of sustainable palm oil
- Monitor and evaluate the economic, environmental and social impacts of the uptake of sustainable palm oil in the market
- Engage and commit all stakeholders throughout the supply chain, including governments and consumers.
Palm Oil's Multiple Uses
- It has great cooking properties – it maintains its properties even under high temperatures.
- Its smooth and creamy texture and absence of smell make it a perfect ingredient in many recipes, including baked goods (such as biscuits) in particular.
- It has a natural preservative effect which extends the shelf life of food products.
- It is also the highest-yielding vegetable oil crop, which makes it very efficient. It needs less than half the land required by other crops to produce the same amount of oil. This makes palm oil the least expensive vegetable oil in the world.
Find out more about sustainable palm oil here.
Why We Use Palm Oil
View our products made with RSPO certified palm oil here.
Check this out:
The Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil and WWF's role in it.
Back to News